What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

itunes won't sync all apps to ipad

wuphie77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received a new ipad because my original one stopped charging via AC adapater and itunes wouldn't recognize it. So when I got the new one, I performed the sync, but only a few apps came over. I can see them all in itunes, but they won't sync. I thought about downloading them again, but I think I will be charged. I tried it with a free app and it did not come up as "already ordered". Any ideas?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You won't be charged if you use the same iTunes account. The iPad is just not very good at telling you that you already have the app before you press the "purchase" button. Rest assured it ALWAYS comes up with a message afterwards which said you already purchased it and won't be charged.

But before you do that, are you getting an error in iTunes? When you connect your iPad and select it in iTunes, change to the "Apps" tab (3rd in the list), do you have all the apps you want to be installed ticked in the column of apps? If they are ticked and they fail to install when your press "sync", you should get an error in iTunes telling you why. If so, what's the error?

Most reactions