What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes setup without credit card

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An interesting article in MacWorld about how a person can setup and use an iPad account in iTunes without requiring a credit card. Essentially when setting up the account, it asks for payment method, you select none. As long as the apps are free, you are OK. If you want to buy an app, you will then be required to enter a credit card. However, there is a workaround to that. You can have a monthly or as needed account using the iTunes on-line gift card setup. This would be handy for a child to buy apps without using your credit card. Or you can buy the gift card at any retail store.

mobi1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes it works. I so far did not buy anything from app store so I did not provide credit card info.

Ampress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim....when you say videos do you mean podcasts?

There are plenty of free videos on iTunes - sorry, I didn't mean podcasts - there probably are some of those too, but I'm not familiar with them.

Tim

I think I'm missing something. I don't see the "videos" button in iTunes store. The only buttons showing at the top are "app store" "podcasts" and "iTunes U" plus the Home icon.

Last edited:

Most reactions