What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes 'remembers' my iPad 2, since upgrading to iOS 5.0.1

Samdottore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have noticed since accepting the iPad upgrade to 5.0.1, that iTunes 'thinks' that the iPad is still connected via USB, even when it isn't, and had been properly disconnected after the previous sync.

Clicking on the 'disconnect' icon in iTunes makes the iPad connection disappear, but it re-appears every time iTunes is started, whether or not the iPad is physically connected. Connecting and manually disconnecting the iPad each time iTunes is started makes no difference - the iPad connection reappears next time, regardless. BTW, iTunes is set to 'Backup to this computer', rather than 'Backup to iCloud'.

Is this behaviour expected? It's not (yet) caused a problem, but I get disturbed by any unexpected change in behaviour.

Sam

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have WiFi on your PC? Remember that with iOS5 you can sync via WiFi and so iTunes on your PC and your iPad don't need to be physically connected any longer. You can turn this feature off, though, if you don't want it to do this...

Tim

OP
Samdottore

Samdottore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad, iCloud and WiFi

Do you have WiFi on your PC? Remember that with iOS5 you can sync via WiFi and so iTunes on your PC and your iPad don't need to be physically connected any longer. You can turn this feature off, though, if you don't want it to do this...
/QUOTE]

Thanks, Tim. I guess you've got the explanation. I'm still trying to catch up on the implications of what iCloud does. I can relax now.

Sam

Most reactions