What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Itunes purchases when change country?

xenomesh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so i have a bunch of Apps,games,movies,music i bought on Itunes
in future i might have to swap a country for another, both in europe.
How do you guys do when moving between countries?
No way i buying everything again XD

Best option so far is keep my bank acount open, and use a free virtual visa card
but i still have to transfer bank fee twice a year to keep the acount open so it might not be a permanent solution.
another option is giftcards but is expensive get them shipped from another country.

Now, if Itunes just could start using Paypal most of our problems would be solved

So my questions

1. How can i switch between two itunes acount (step by step instructions) so i can use my old acount for upgrade and re-download apps and movies and another for every new purchases?
and i guess is best never use autosynch on itunes right?

2. is there a way to remove the anoying numbers thats apear when some apps need update
if i dont want to update anything from old acount this numbers bothers me.?

3. When updating a squaresoft game is it safe to update it until you finish the game
can it wipe the safe slot?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Open an account in your new country. Use that to purchase new content, but sign in to your old account to update existing content. As far as I know that should work.

You might need to change the payment method on your old account to "None".

OP
X

xenomesh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so even if my old bank acount close i can still login to the old itunes acount.
Ofcourse i have to take care off not buying anything with it

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use gift cards in every country where I have an iTunes account. I just ask friends to buy me cards and email me the gift card codes, or I buy gift cards while in the country. I don't buy tons of content, so it's not a big deal. In some countries, like the UK, all I want is the free apps.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is, however, on a stock iPad, no way to remove the update reminders from apps which have an available update.

OP
X

xenomesh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks guys , what about game safe files are they wiped on a game update?

Most reactions

Latest posts