What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ITunes on PC doesn't recognize by iPad 2 pairing

Roger1122

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just downloaded iOS5 after uploading recent app. purchases to my PC and then syncing the iPad to the PC. I also backed up the iPad before attempting to install the new OS. As the room where I was doing this is some way from the WiFi box, the WiFi connection is a bit iffy, and sure enough I got a message saying if you can't connect via WiFi, plug into your PC and use iTunes, but iTunes refuses to recognize my iPad, giving the message about not being paired.

I took the iPad to the same room as the WiFi box and was able to set up the iPad as a new one, and fortunately all my photos are already there, but I hate to think I will have to download and tweak all my apps again. How can I get the PC to recognize that it should be paired with my iPad?

Roger

PS That should be "my" not "by" in the title. I do hope someone can help me. In the meantime I am downloading and reinstalling my apps but I would hate to have to repeat all the sorting and folder creation/naming for hundreds of photos!

Last edited:
OP
Roger1122

Roger1122

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Disappointed to get no reply. Was my question unclear? Or is there simply no answer?

Roger

Most reactions

Latest posts