What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes - just the store: why?

kronshd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

{first post}

I just bought a new iPad2 - which is my first Apple product apart from various iPods.

When I opened iTunes, I expected to get the usual interface I get when I load it on a PC, instead, I get a store front: along the top are menu tab items: All genres, Pop, Dance, Alternative, More. Then there is a Search Store box.

The menu items at the bottom are: Music, Films, TV Programme, Audiobook, TopCharts, Genius, Purchased. (Pleasingly, it has brought up all the purchases I made on iTunes 5 years ago - so that works).

But I still don't get the 'normal' iTunes interface.

Apologies if I am missing something obvious, but it is not what I expected! I expect to be able to access all my MP3 which are located elsewhere, create Playlists, etc.

Any help gratefully received.

D

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You're not on a PC, your on an idevice. The PC has a slightly different purpose. If you want music on your iPad, open the music app. If you want videos on your iPad, open the videos app. If you want books, open iBooks (assuming you have downloaded it).

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
The itunes icon is for the store.

Music is found in the Music App and Videos in the Video App.

OP
K

kronshd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks.

Yes - except all that provides is a list of the purchased items from iTunes.

How do I access the rest of my mp3s from the Music App?

Most reactions

Latest posts