What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Itunes files

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there anyway to save the iTunes sync and back up/app files to my external hard drive? Right now all the data is saving to my C: drive and it's filling it up on my laptop.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You could save to iCloud instead of your pc.

Other than that I can only suggest copy/paste to the ext HDD. If you start changing where iTunes is to save stuff, it gets itself very confused, believe me. I tried to have all my music on an ext HDD, what a nightmare.

OP
C

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bummer, the files are are big, like 11gig in one folder and like 12 in another it's eating up space on my C: like crazy.

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use a 1 TB network storage device that backs up my desktop daily. It's set to back up all data files including iTunes.

They're fairly cheap and has saved me a lot of aggravation more than once.

My current backup set (it stores multiple versions) is just under 400 GB.

Last edited:
OP
C

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I point iTunes to my external HD, so it will save it files there, instead of my C: drive?

syndenver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
chevyguy said:
How do I point iTunes to my external HD, so it will save it files there, instead of my C: drive?

I think there is a way to do it.

In iTunes, click "Edit" then "preferences" then click on "Advanced" near the top there will be a box for the location of the iTunes Media folder location. Click on the "Change" button and browse to you external drive.

I hope thesis what you're looking for.

Last edited:
OP
C

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Exactly what I was looking for, thank you very much!

Most reactions

Latest posts