What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes could not connect with iPad unrecognised device

Inverbertie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help please!!!!

I have spent over 8 hours reloading drivers, turning pc and iPad on and off, uninstalling iTunes then reloading and I still caws not get iTunes to recognise my iPad 2.

Everything worked fine until I upgraded to windows 8, then went back to windows 7 - since then iTunes will not pick up iPad. (no issues with iTunes picking up iPhone or iPod, just iPad 2.

Any suggestions please on how to best to resolve?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you see the iPad in Windows Explorer?

Just trying to see whether this is definitely an iTunes issue.

I assume you have tried different USB ports and cables.

OP
I

Inverbertie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, iPad comes up in explorer. I have tried using 3 x different cables, different ports to no avail. It really has me stumped.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have an installer for an older version of iTunes? It might help to roll it back.

OP
I

Inverbertie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kevin, yeah installed it back to version 10 - iTunes picked up previous library etc, but just won't recognise the device? Do you know of any other way/software that can be used instead of iTunes to put music, movies books etc from pc onto ipad?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't because I can usually get iTunes to work, eventually. There are ways, however. Maybe wouldn't hurt to start a thread where we can discuss iTunes replacements. I'm sure that would get you some answers. As far as I know there's no recent thread running that's similar, so it's good to get one going.

It would still be good to solve your existing problem, though.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
With luck it will concentrate any and all info on the subject in the same place. I know some people simply hate iTunes. I'm not one of them. I just like things to work, but nothing wrong with having multiple solutions.

OP
I

Inverbertie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Kevin, thought id let you know I finally resolved the issue. Regrettably i had to do a complete system reset - this cleared the issue, now being picked up by Itunes. Thanks for all your help and assistance.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No problem. I'm not a fan of System Restore because it means that you don't get to figure out exactly what went wrong, but at least you got things moving again.

Sent from my stock iPad 2

Most reactions

Latest posts