What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes App Store

rudeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you think we will have to pay to upgrade the current apps we have on our iPhones and iPods for the iPad?

What do you think the chances are Apple or developer will charge extra? And will Apple have the Apps in the same store or give you a choice between the iPad or iPod verison app when you download it from iTunes? Or we they work seamlessly on either device or devices? Should all be very interesting.

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you think we will have to pay to upgrade the current apps we have on our iPhones and iPods for the iPad?

What do you think the chances are Apple or developer will charge extra? And will Apple have the Apps in the same store or give you a choice between the iPad or iPod verison app when you download it from iTunes? Or we they work seamlessly on either device or devices? Should all be very interesting.

That's a good question, I'm not sure what Apple will do when you have paid for an app for the iPhone and want it on the iPad. My guess would be a 50% discount to have it on both devices.

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well how does it work right now to have Apps on more then one iPhone/iPod? From what I understand if you are sycing two iPod Touches to the same computer they can share Apps. If you baught them on different iTunes accounts you will need the password if you want to upgrade them through the App store later. I don't have a second iPod to try this with, it's just what I've skimmed.

ChileRick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We have two phones, one i-tunes account and share all the apps. You can either sync them in Itunes when connected on your computer, or download them for free on the 2nd phone.

flashman181

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an Ipod, Iphone and Ipad all on the same account and just sync whatever is appropriate for the device with no hassle.

As a relative noobie to the Ipad am I right in assuming we wont get apps folders - like on Iphone - until version 4 software is released for ipad?

Most reactions