What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's the MP3 saga all over again. PC World Article

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. Good article , although I don't fully agree with the MP3 thing.
The main competitor for the iPOD are the Cellular phones. They all have now MP3 players, so who needs a special MP3 player.
I have my E71 with 720 songs on it, but yes my son just bought a new iPOD - Don't know why .

Tablets are a different story. It is a new type of gadget, and it will stay. Competitors will not disappear. It will take at least 5-7 years to sharpen that new type of device.
That is about the time it'll take to get to the point of PC today. It is the end of the line. They are all already over-Kill for 95% of the applications they are running

OP
freebirdforever

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
I still have my Ipod video 30GB from years ago. Hasn't broken down on me, and I find that mp3 players in phones are over rated. I have a huge music library and want it all with me when I go, especially if I do a tribute show and dont have access to laptop to stream my music from -shrug-

just my opinion there. But i do think that we will see many of these tablet competitors disappear over time. It will eventually just be google v apple.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. Good article , although I don't fully agree with the MP3 thing.
The main competitor for the iPOD are the Cellular phones. They all have now MP3 players, so who needs a special MP3 player.
I have my E71 with 720 songs on it, but yes my son just bought a new iPOD - Don't know why .
In the first paragraph: "But no one is wasting time trying to manufacture iPod touch killers anymore—that category has been conceded."

The iPod touch is not just an MP3 player. I think that was the kind of "MP3 player" they were referring to. And they are being sold by the boatload.

Michael

Most reactions

Latest posts