What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iStudiez Pro VS. Inclass

china_cat84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did a forum search and couldn't find exactly what I needed, so here I am.

Anyway, I need an app that will keep track of my class schedule by semester. It would also be great if I could set two different types of class for each course - for example, if I were taking Biology I would have Lecture on Monday and Lab on Tuesday - but both of these are the same course. I need to be able to change certain dates without changing the entire schedule, if possible - for holidays or in service days when we won't have class. I need it to keep track of assignments/exams/projects as well.

I recently downloaded Inclass. I used it before on my iPhone and it was ok. I think it's even more irritating on the iPad. It has an editing problem at the moment - say I discover an error with one of my tasks and I try to fix it - it won't let me unless I double-click the home button and remove Inclass from the bar, and then reopen Inclass. Then, I have to edit the task straight away because if I do anything else, it won't let me edit and I have to start the whole process again. It also has some annoying little quirks that are extremely irritating - like when I create a task for one of my classes, if I change the date before I do anything else, it changes it back to what it was before (if I change it to June 20th from June 6th, then change the title of the task, it changes it back to June 6th) which is annoying because half the time I don't check that it's correct in time, I hit "done", and then I have the whole editing problem listed above. I don't really like the user interface at all. Drives me crazy. I do like that you can have "lecture" and "lab" both for a course, but you can't select "Biology: Lecture" when creating a task, you can only select "Biology".

I've also tried using the calendar app, but it can get confusing because I put all my other stuff on there as well - appts, tasks, etc - and you can't really color code unless you sync with Yahoo or Google calendar and I'd rather have something that can do most of the work on its own.

So, is iStudiez Pro better than Inclass? I know there's a free version - I've tried it, but it kept crashing. Many of the reviewers say that the crashing is only an issue with the free version and that the Pro version is much better. I know it's only $3, but I really HATE buying apps and not having them work out! Is there a different app that will do what I need it to do? I searched iTunes, but we all know the unorganized mess that is the app store!

Thanks!

Allensosmooth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
College TA

You should definitely check out this app called College TA. It's relatively new but includes most of the same features as InClass and Istudiez Pro, minus the crash issue that the Istudiez Pro 1.4.5 version had....and its free on iTunes

Most reactions