What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issues with You Tube videos on iPad

rwsjreynolds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Issue: YouTube video on my iPad will play for a few seconds or a minute and then stop, this can occur multiple times making it impossible to watch the video. This has occurred with longer and short (<4mins) movies, all on WiFi but at two different locations (work & home). It will happen on one video but the next no issue.

Question: what can I do to correct or improve this? Is there a setting I can change on the iPad?

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Problems almost certainly with your internet connection, demand and contention ratio.

I use a great little app called MiTube which gives me a choice between streaming and downloading as well as between size/quality.
That way if streaming is too erratic I can download, then view, save or delete.

HaroldOhio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problems almost certainly with your internet connection, demand and contention ratio.

I use a great little app called MiTube which gives me a choice between streaming and downloading as well as between size/quality.
That way if streaming is too erratic I can download, then view, save or delete.

MiTube is no longer available

Wetstuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will this software improve the visual quality? I can get them easily enough via 3G but it is as if the vids are run thru a sander before I can see them. Type without great contrast (red on black as example) is not readable.

Jim

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My DSL service provides a decent 800 Kb/s on a good connection... Despite this, I often see slowdowns and pauses of YouTube videos on my desktop computer even though it's directly wired to my router..

I see the odd slowdowns and pauses on my iPad as well... But other videos play all the way through normally on the iPad.. I'm pretty sure this is a YouTube server problem and not necessarily the iPad.

Odm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The problem with YouTube is not iPads fault

The thing is that native YouTube app on iPad chooses HD quality by default and does not let you choose the quality that fits your connection speed maybe assuming that everyone has a very fast cable :D i found using YouTube website and turning off HD feature there solves the problem but I do miss the nice native iPad app and i wish they just add the feature to let you choose he quality of the video just like on the website itself

Odm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yourtube hd

If your ipad is jailbroken which is actually legal by now you can download a tweek from cydia called yourtube hd for ipad it will let you download videos from youtube and save them to ipod library, other wise for fast streaming of Youtube sacrificing quality for connection speed you can use the website instead of native ipad app

Sbelle65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
YouTube website fix doesn't work - at least not for me...

I tried the fix for frozen youtube videos by going to YouTube website but all the videos say i need adobe flash, so this really didn't help.:(. I am getting really frustrated with iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts