What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issues with Air

OP
panchucko

panchucko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It really is puzzling, nothing is consistent, since Wednesday i have been keeping just one tab open in Safari and have had only one crash, last night i put it back on Chrome so I'm seeing how that goes now, It does seem to help a little keeping tabs to the minimum.
Ready for another twist? I restored my Air to my original iTunes backup (iPad 3) on Saturday. I have not had a single crash since I did the restore. Oh the joys of my Air.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ready for another twist? I restored my Air to my original iTunes backup (iPad 3) on Saturday. I have not had a single crash since I did the restore. Oh the joys of my Air.
How strange, I did two restores and it made no difference, I'm still in Chrome, this morning i clicked the Googlemail tab and it immediately crashed, the crashes are less but it still happens....hope yours continues to be stable.

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How strange, I did two restores and it made no difference, I'm still in Chrome, this morning i clicked the Googlemail tab and it immediately crashed, the crashes are less but it still happens....hope yours continues to be stable.
I'm getting about 1 low memory crash per day. This morning it was while scrolling up a Safari Facebook page....not a very intense operation. It's irritating but not worth getting rid of the Air. Maybe a fix will be found by Apple. This crash stuff is all over the Apple support forums and many folks are returning their iPads for a refund! Too bad.

Sent from my iPad Air using iPF

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm getting about 1 low memory crash per day. This morning it was while scrolling up a Safari Facebook page....not a very intense operation. It's irritating but not worth getting rid of the Air. Maybe a fix will be found by Apple. This crash stuff is all over the Apple support forums and many folks are returning their iPads for a refund! Too bad.

Well at least Apple will be aware if returns are on the up, the crashes I'm having now are not Low memory crashes now as i only have one tab open, when i had lots of tabs open i got the Low memory crashes, I check in Diagnostics each time, I can cope with it like this but all the same i hope they come up with a fix soon......Could you try something for me, could you just keep one tab open and see if you get the Low memory crashes?

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well at least Apple will be aware if returns are on the up, the crashes I'm having now are not Low memory crashes now as i only have one tab open, when i had lots of tabs open i got the Low memory crashes, I check in Diagnostics each time, I can cope with it like this but all the same i hope they come up with a fix soon......Could you try something for me, could you just keep one tab open and see if you get the Low memory crashes?
Okay, I'll try it but that's a bit of a pain....lol. I usually only have 2-3 open anyways. Stay tuned.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, I'll try it but that's a bit of a pain....lol. I usually only have 2-3 open anyways. Stay tuned.

Ok thank you, I'm kind of getting used to having the one tab now, maybe when it gets fixed i won't be able to do it any other way lol.

Mike1955

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I currently have 13 Safari tabs open on my 128gb iPad and I have never had a crash. No idea why you guys are experiencing these problems.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I currently have 13 Safari tabs open on my 128gb iPad and I have never had a crash. No idea why you guys are experiencing these problems.
Theres no rhyme or reason to this is there.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It crashed on my iPad 4 as well. The issue isn't restricted to the iPad Air, it seems.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The site just crashed on my iPad 3 as well. Safari never crashed since updating to iOS 7 on my device. Couldn't this website be the cause for these crashes?

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The site just crashed on my iPad 3 as well. Safari never crashed since updating to iOS 7 on my device. Couldn't this website be the cause for these crashes?
i'm not sure how, I haven't used that site before.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mine has crashed several times just going to Googlemail.

Most reactions

Latest posts