What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issues sending with my new @me address on my iPad

Randomizer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all. New to the forum but it looks like a great place to be. I can see myself spending much time here in the future. Anyway - after setting up iCloud and using it successfully I decided I might like to begin using the @me address instead of the pop address I have been using for years and the gmail I use infrequently. I like the way apple does things and @me looks like it has potential. I digress. I set up the @me address on my pc in Windows Live Mail and all works well. I can send and receive. I can also send and receive via the icloud website. I set up the same on my iPad as an icloud type account and I can receive but cannot seem to send. Each time I attempt to I receive an error indicating that the sending address is not recognized by the server. But the sending address listed in the error message is my apple login, an old non-functioning @mac address. I cannot seem to change this in the settings as this field is grayed out.
Any guidance would be appreciated.

OP
R

Randomizer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
310 views and nobody has an answer? This must have happened to someone. Setting up my iCloud e-mail account used my apple id (an old defunct @mac address) as my sending address. This address is of course not recognized by the sending server and so I cannot send. I can receive because I was able to insert my @me address into this area. The @mac address is grayed out and so I cannot change it.

davidalan99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all. New to the forum but it looks like a great place to be. I can see myself spending much time here in the future. Anyway - after setting up iCloud and using it successfully I decided I might like to begin using the @me address instead of the pop address I have been using for years and the gmail I use infrequently. I like the way apple does things and @me looks like it has potential. I digress. I set up the @me address on my pc in Windows Live Mail and all works well. I can send and receive. I can also send and receive via the icloud website. I set up the same on my iPad as an icloud type account and I can receive but cannot seem to send. Each time I attempt to I receive an error indicating that the sending address is not recognized by the server. But the sending address listed in the error message is my apple login, an old non-functioning @mac address. I cannot seem to change this in the settings as this field is grayed out.
Any guidance would be appreciated.

I am not the expert here, but try the following (I have listed the first step only) go to the link and follow step by set:

under mail on the iPad choose new account

Apple - Support - iPad - Mail Assistant

Setting up

Before you can use your email account on iPad - you need to add your account to Mail.
  1. Tap Mail
  2. Select your account type. Tap Other if your account is not listed.
  3. Enter your account information and tap Save. Mail configures most email accounts automatically. Otherwise, you will be prompted for any additional settings.
  4. Once your account information is saved - you can start sending and receiving email.
You can configure additional accounts by tapping Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account
If you experience any difficulty in sending and receiving email - continue to the next step in the assistant.

OP
R

Randomizer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried this. It will not let me add the @me account indicating that the @mac account is already added. It's using my master Apple id (a defunct @mac address) and will not let me set up the e-mail account for the newer @me address I was provided.

seanbolter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you have to post three messages before you are allowed to send a link - this is number 3 of 3

Most reactions

Latest posts