What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

is your Air running warm?

drash

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi friends,

for most apps my ipad air is cool as a cucumber. Even infinity blade 3 runs without warming up.
But some games like xcom tend to make it very warm (but not hot).

Just wondering what the user experience out there was....

Thanks!

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine never seems to run hot. I play some games and use it for various other tasks. Doesn't affect my device.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Every tablet I have ever owned (iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad mini, Acer Iconia, Nexus 7 2012, Nexus 7 2013, Nexus 10) has had this characteristic...depending on what you are going. I measured the back of my 3nd gen iPad get up to 116DegF using a laser temp. So, bottom line, this is a normal thing. You cannot beat physics. If you run the device hard things will warm up. Tablets all have passive cooling meaning there is no fan inside to move the heat out. So, it gets moved to the case. The iPads are made of AL, which is a good thermal conductor, so it helps get the heat out (generally speaking, heat is the enemy of electronics). If you don't want to feel the warming of the body, but it inside a case (I keep all of my iPads inside a case anyway to help resale value).

quadtronix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Air does not get warm... I haven't played any games on it yet, nor have I watched any full length movies just some YouTube.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most reactions

Latest posts