What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a Skype app for the iPad?

Jbembenek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So far I'm not sure I like this version. Maybe I just have not found everything but am having trouble finding my Skype contacts and some of the other things found in the iPhone version. I'm not sure that this is an improvement. Has anyone found a help option?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Jbembenek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well when I went back into it my recent calls showed up but not all of my Skype contacts. Have you found a way to edit/delete these contacts?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just like the iPad. Press and hold any contact until they all start to jiggle and - well, you know the rest...

Tim

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I'd like to get this for both my and my wife's iPads without having to deal with iTunes and synching etc. Problem is we're both on the same account so once it's on one it'll show up as installed when I try to do the second. I'm thinking about trying to download it into both at the same time when I get home. Anyone think this has a chance of working?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you go into the App Store via the iPad(s), you can download it to both iPads. The store will recognize each separate iPad. It won't show installed until it's actually on the iPad (it'll show "purchased").

At least, that's how it behaved when I just put the new Skype on my mom's and my iPads...

Marilyn

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you go into the App Store via the iPad(s), you can download it to both iPads. The store will recognize each separate iPad. It won't show installed until it's actually on the iPad (it'll show "purchased").

At least, that's how it behaved when I just put the new Skype on my mom's and my iPads...

Marilyn
Excellent! Thanks Marilyn, that's what I was hoping to hear.:)

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:

Marilyn

Worked like a charm. Thanks again. :)

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
It is a bump up from the old iPhone version no doubt, but boy is it slow in updating contact names and photos and online status.

And how the hell do you contact them? All their support links lead up blind alleys.

edit/ just emailed them my concerns.

it's a lot slower in pushing/updating than the iphone app. it needs an update before i'll personally be well chuffed.

Last edited:

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
The video quality is obviously a lot lot better, but the app as a whole, in my opinion, is lousy. very very slow to update anything.

* a lot of my contacts' avatars still havent yet loaded in
* it doesnt give me a true account of who, in my contact list, is actually on or off line at any given time
* some of my contact list nick names still havent been auto updated by the app yet.
* typing text over the airwaves on my pc skype takes a long time until it reaches the ipad app. (and my internet connections are very fast)
* and the general ipad app interface is clunky and un-refined.

the iphone version of skype on the ipad was very fast and updated instantaneously, but of course the video quality was poor.

i've voiced my concerns to the company and they assure me an app update will address these issues.

so far i'm seriously unimpressed and most disappointed, to the fact i might even go back to the iphone version.

Last edited:

micksterpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi I'm new here. I was so glad there was a version for iPad , downloaded and what a let- down! skype in general has gone crappy and now they've been bought out by Microsoft things are even worse. they dont't seem to care about the UX at all. They need to RETHINK a bit before it turns into a backward PC based platform which is already heading towards.. What a shame.. They seem to have a new team of Designers who just can't seem to get it right like what they use to be. I will delete this iPad version .. It's horrid!

rudebouy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got mine from the US app store, sure improvements needs to be done.

Most reactions

Latest posts