What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a free app like Windows Notepad?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
healer said:
Thanks! What do you mean by "Some apps, depending on their settings may even refresh here." How to change the settings of an app?

As to what the guide says, I simply copy and paste from the guide. It is iPad User Guide For iOS 5.1 Software. That statement confuses me too.

I turn off the power every time in order to save energy and preserve the battery, so it is a restart every time.

I just reset the iPad twice but I found all the apps still show up after I double press the home button. So the iPad reset doesn't close all the apps.

By some apps, I mean some browsers can refresh while still open in the multi task bar......the mail app can do this also depending on the settings you have.

I don't know what apps you do have but have a look at them, sometimes the settings are in the iPad through the settings app or sometimes the app itself has its own settings

Okay I get the guide now......

A reset does close the apps completely but they are still present in the multi task bar until they are deleted from here. They are closed completely though.

I found this link very helpful in understanding the multi task bar
http://speirs.org/blog/2012/1/2/misconceptions-about-ios-multitasking.html

OP
H

healer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
By some apps, I mean some browsers can refresh while still open in the multi task bar......the mail app can do this also depending on the settings you have.

Thanks for all the info.

Most reactions