What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a character limit to posts on this forum

Greygoose_ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ever since getting my new iPad I've been having issues with long posts to this forum. This did not seem to happen with my iPad two. After a couple of paragraphs, the text starts to disappear (after about 6 lines. I know it's there because I can hit the delete key and see it but the text doesn't show on the screen. It's like it's hidden.

Anyone else seen something like this. Please advise.
Thanks
Griggers

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The character limit is something crazy. Around 50,000 characters, I believe, so its not likely you're hitting it.

We have had several glitches lately, some of which appear to be down to iOS 6.

I've had the effect you describe within the first line. If you hit Return before you start typing your post it happens a lot less.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

OP
G

Greygoose_ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
The character limit is something crazy. Around 50,000 characters, I believe, so its not likely you're hitting it.

We have had several glitches lately, some of which appear to be down to iOS 6.

I've had the effect you describe within the first line. If you hit Return before you start typing your post it happens a lot less.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

I think you're right. I was not having this problem before iOS six.
Wonder if anyone else is seeing these types of glitches.
Thanks
Grey goose

Most reactions