What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to interrupt a game at regular intervals?

Andrew Lewis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The question is whether there is the possibility to automatically interrupt Gaming when small children are playing on an IPAD, to force them to take a break so they don't get eye strain or headaches. An example would be a child has played a game continuously for 30 minutes, then an app would pause the game for 5 minutes, forcing the child to take a break. Then resume once 5 minutes are up ... that sort of thing. I am new to coding (as if you didn't guess!) lol. Any help / guidance is very much appreciated.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Afaik, there isn't any way to do that.

But some games do have a feature which causes them to pause after being played for some fixed time, don't remember which game it was, but a player was extremely frustrated.

Welcome to iPF! Enjoy your time here!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums, this is the place to come to for answers to your questions and help with your problems.

I agree with the previous post. An app that could interfere in the operation of another app in the manner you describe would violate the sandboxing guidelines developers have to follow. Such an app would never be approved for distribution through the App Store.

BTW, I've deleted your other post on this subject as asking the same question in multiple threads can fragment any resulting conversation, making it hard to follow, it's also against our rules.

Elizellen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Maybe you can set a timer and let them know that when it rings they must stop and (insert other activity) for x minutes? I assume that as they are small they are not too far away to hear an alarm going off.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Maybe you can set a timer and let them know that when it rings they must stop and (insert other activity) for x minutes? I assume that as they are small they are not too far away to hear an alarm going off.

You could easily set the iPad's timer to do this. The problem, of course, is whether they will pay attention and put the iPad down, or just turn off the timer.

Most reactions

Latest posts