What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to go to blank screen but not blocking the ipad?

anoe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi there. We've got an ipad and when we are out we call our grandad through skype. He can answer and we talk. But, if the airpad is locked, then he can't. So i turned the lock option off. But now the screen is always on. So, my question is, is there any way to turn the screen off automatically after some time but not locking the airpad? Or changing the unlock action to, let's say, something like just touching the screen.

tx

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There is no way to turn off the lock screen. You set the auto lock time the same place where you've turned it to never. Even when turned to never, you can still get the lock screen if you put the iPad to sleep manually using the power button.

If you have not set the lock passcode, all you have to do to unlock is slide the screen to the right. That's pretty close to just touching.

I've never used Skype, so I don't know how it behaves. Make sure you've enabled notifications and ringtones in Settings > Notifications (if applicable). That might help. It may be necessary to make sure the app stays in the background. If you've been closing it manually using the multitask bar, stop doing that. Instead open it now and then to make sure it stays in the top 5 or so apps. That will probably keep whatever background services it has running.

Good luck

Most reactions