What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to email calendar invitations?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there!
Thanks for the post on email attachments.

Is it possible to send a calendar event to some one else via email? Like an invitation?

From the iPad's native calendar app, you can invite people by creating an event and using the Invitees field in the event entry. You can do that with a new event or an existing one. It lets you choose contacts from your address book.

OP
A

akammer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am originally from SA. Lived for a while in Aust
Hi there!

Is it possible to send a calendar event to some one else via email? Like an invitation?

From the iPad's native calendar app, you can invite people by creating an event and using the Invitees field in the event entry. You can do that with a new event or an existing one. It lets you choose contacts from your address book.

Hi there and thanks. At least now I am clear on what the Calendar app is supposed to do.... But I think I am going crazy, because my Calendar really doesnt have the Invitee option. I even googled my problem on the net and found other people with similar problems. And the answer seems to be to wait for the upgrade of Ios.... Does any one have another solution to why
my Calendar app is missing buttons or functions? Can it be that it has to do with the sync function to a Windows calendar? Please, I am getting desperate....

Here is the link to the same problem from a different Ipad user I found on the net.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2650118?threadID=2650118

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there!

Hi there and thanks. At least now I am clear on what the Calendar app is supposed to do.... But I think I am going crazy, because my Calendar really doesnt have the Invitee option. I even googled my problem on the net and found other people with similar problems. And the answer seems to be to wait for the upgrade of Ios.... Does any one have another solution to why
my Calendar app is missing buttons or functions? Can it be that it has to do with the sync function to a Windows calendar? Please, I am gettingdesperate....

Don't know why your Invitee option doesn't show. Are your time settings the same in Settings, General, Date & Time, as well as in Settings, Mail, Time Zone Support and on the computer that you synch on? Maybe your times aren't synched, so your calendar is being thrown off? What version of firmware are you on?

When I create an event, the Invitee option shows up under the Start time and Repeat options. Is that where you've looked?

The link you posted is kind of old. The firmware has been updated since.

Last edited:
OP
A

akammer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there again.

Underneath start and end times I only have Alert, Repeat and Notes.

With firmware do you mean the Version and Model? Version: 4.3.3(8J2) Model: MC916LL

My Ipad2 is brand new ( I bought it online in the States in May 2011)

I will check the time zones now again and sync again with my Windows live Mail Calendar on my PC. Maybe it works..... Will keep you updated.

OP
A

akammer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I realise now also that my Ipad doesn't sync my Windows Live Mail calendar.... Does anyone know if this might be the root of my problems? I would assume that if no Calendar is available my ipad default calendar would still function ok? This is driving me nuts! Please help?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I realise now also that my Ipad doesn't sync my Windows Live Mail calendar.... Does anyone know if this might be the root of my problems? I would assume that if no Calendar is available my ipad default calendar would still function ok? This is driving me nuts! Please help?

I have no idea, because I use Live email, among others, but not its calendar.

I suggest you create a thread about your problem, because it'd be more likely to be answered if more people saw it.

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Per Kaykaykay's suggestion, I've split off the posts from that thread to start a new one.

OP
A

akammer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I have no idea, because I use Live email, among others, but not its calendar.

I suggest you create a thread about your problem, because it'd be more likely to be answered if more people saw it.

Ok, thanks you guys for all your suggestions.

I think I might have stumbled upon the real solution or reason why it is not working now.....

Apparently one can only send event invitations through the Ipad default Calendar app when using MobileMe and because I am a new user and MobileMe has closed their application for new accounts,
I will have to wait for iCloud to come in Fall (or the upgrade to iOS 5 at least).

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Or create a gmail account and set it up on your iPad as an exchange account, then you can use the gmail calendar in the calendar app and forward invitations.

Most reactions

Latest posts