What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to download Youtube videos to the iPad

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
daltonbaker said:
You may take a look at this step by step guide, it will teach you ]How to Jailbreak iPad, it's easy to understand, Hope it helps.

So ipadforums jailbreak guides aren't good enough?...please read forum rules no external links to other guides....

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
kestrel1 said:
Tagdisk does a good job of saving Youtube videos to your iPad. The Lite version is free and only lets dowload up to five clips I think, but easy to use and works perfectly

For some reason I can play videos right from the YouTube web page but, the downloaded videos do not show up on the TV screen only the sound can be heard and the video is displayed on the iPad.

Is there a fix for this?

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 32 GB

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OneMarcil said:
For some reason I can play videos right from the YouTube web page but, the downloaded videos do not show up on the TV screen only the sound can be heard and the video is displayed on the iPad.

Is there a fix for this?

Because tagdisk doesnt have native tv mirroring capabilty built in....but....tagdisk allows you to upload to dropbox. Then open dropbox app and use it's "open in" functionality for avplayerHD which does....I think...or other 3rd party video player with tv mirroring capabilty.
Then you can delete from dropbox to free up space....cause now it will be saved within the video player app you chose.

Last edited:

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just installed Dropbox. I saves a few You Tube videos to hooked IPad to TV. The video did not show up on the TV screen only on the iPad. So dropbox does not work. There has to be some way to view video content from what in on the iPod/iPad on the TV screen other than just photos, recorded videos and You Tube Videos directly off the web page.

Last edited:

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OneMarcil said:
I just installed Dropbox. I saves a few You Tube videos to hooked IPad to TV. The video did not show up on the TV screen only on the iPad. So dropbox does not work. There has to be some way to view video content from what in on the iPod/iPad on the TV screen other than just photos, recorded videos and You Tube Videos directly off the web page.

That's because when you play video from dropbox it's using the default movie player which doesn't mirror. You have to use the "open in" functionality of dropbox and use a 3rd party movie player such as AVplayerHD which I believe wil...I think. Once you do this, the vid is copied to avplayerhd documents folder thus allowing you to delete from dropbox freeing up space.

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
FoxrealVideo said:
it seems no other better way, you have to download and convert Youtube movies on your computer, then transfer it to iPad

hope this article helps

YouTube to iPad Converter – Enjoy Movies on iPad with High Quality

I have FLV video on my computer now. Not the pro version though. How does one transfer the videos to the iPad?

You could either move the videos into videos folder within your iTunes on your pc and sync iPad which still won't mirror to your tv when played thru the default video player or transfer via wifi to a 3rd party movie player app such as AVplayerHD which does, which I originally suggested but using dropbox as the sync'n medium and using "open in" to AVplayerHD.

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here is what is working or me. I have an application called Tagdisk HD+ in which is wrote about in here. But, from there there is n option to what application to open the downloaded video on. I hen choose Downloads Lite. All that I have to do is just play one second of the video and the video is saved to the file list on Downloads Lite. I know the videos are on a file on my iPad because I disconnected from any possible Internet connection and the video did play.

OK now here is the kicker Downloads
Ite now has the option to open the video in a menu choice called "Open with TV out.". I blieve that option came into play with the new update recently. That update came after I asked the original question of downloading You Tube videos.

The only draw back is that there has to be the video connecting wires that stretch across the living room to the TV. But the video on the TV looks great.

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What happened to TagDisk? Do not see anywhere in the App Store. Also does not download videos in the correct format. Keeps converting them to a HTML file.

Sent from my iPad 4 128GB

Ex_Brit

iPF Noob
Reaction score

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Google does not want you to be able to download YouTube videos, for various reasons, including some legal/liability ones.

So, there is a constant battle between third party app creators and Google. Someone will come up with a new way to bypass Google's no-copy policy, then Google will change things so it doesn't work, then someone else makes an app, etc.

The result is that YouTube apps that can copy videos have short lives.

This is as true now as it was when the thread was new. Perhaps even truer. Google's getting better at blocking video copying.

Most reactions

Latest posts