What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Apple Planning an iPad Mini?

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
" Steve said NO" and that is it. Why do we want to compete with sub standard Kindle or Black berry play book. The experience of a pad is 9.7 ". Having said that I enjoy my iPad touch and I phone4S as well as my iPad. My 11.2 Mack Book Air is a perfect size screen for a laptop.

No, it isn't. The "perfect size screen for a laptop" is 13.3"." Other points of view are simply wrong. The tendency to transform a personal preference into a universal standard is simply silly.

Stacywilliams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now this is just amazing....Apple has lot many varieties in store....which are still to be launched...hats off to this now..:)

Cord

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just received a RMA from Amazon to return my Kindle Fire..... It's just too small for this senior citizen's eyesight! I also disliked the native browser and found the Fire to be a really unpleasant user experience as compared to my iPad 1 64 and my HP Touchpad 32GB.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmm! Don't tell my students that, they have all asked for an iPod touch this Xmas. Apparently the kids love them still. They love the fact it fits in their pocket unlike our pads.

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jsh1120 said:
Apparently not. The iPod Touch sales are in the toilet. Have been for quite some time.

They are nice; however, too expensive, not enough gigs for music, and too much like an iPhone which I already have.

Sent from my Tricked Out Tricked Out Glittery Verizon Black 32GB iPhone 4 using iPF

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Hmm! Don't tell my students that, they have all asked for an iPod touch this Xmas. Apparently the kids love them still. They love the fact it fits in their pocket unlike our pads.

Operative words being "asked for" rather than "purchase with their own $$$". Sat in the Apple store forever deciding whether I should get an iTouch or an iPod classic. At the time I had a blackberry and decided to go for the extra gigs instead as I already had a PDA.

Sent from my Tricked Out Tricked Out Glittery Verizon Black 32GB iPhone 4 using iPF

nevanlynda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Traquy said:
I wouldn't assume that! :D

We ended up not getting an ipad on black friday like we had originally planned because my DH found out about the ipad 3 supposedly coming out early next year. I was personally a little pissed because I was really wanting one for me and my 4 yr old for Christmas, but somehow that morphed into him wanting the newest and fanciest months from now (ie: it became about what HE wanted, not what we wanted). So, what's probably going to happen (and this also kinda pisses me off) is that he will wait and buy a 64gig new ipad 3 for HIM then end up getting an ipad2 for us anyway because it will be cheaper. So, if they have a mini ipad maybe that will be what we end up with for us.

Hi you seem to be putting the cart before the horse if at only four years old your child dictates to you in this way what a bleak future awaits you as you will have a son who expects to have the very best for him whilst you have to settle for either second or third best

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi you seem to be putting the cart before the horse if at only four years old your child dictates to you in this way what a bleak future awaits you as you will have a son who expects to have the very best for him whilst you have to settle for either second or third best

I thin you've misunderstood. Traquy is referring to her DH (dear husband) calling the shots.

TomArraya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This aint gonna happen, the apple product line will be too fragmented if they released a smaller version. An apple is not gonna do much radical stuff since they still own majority of the tablet market.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Still a popular device but sales are down 30% since last year.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jsh1120 said:
Still a popular device but sales are down 30% since last year.

Wow, that's a lot. They will remedy that soon.. Somehow...

Sent from my Tricked Out Glittery Verizon Black 32GB iPhone 4 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts