What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Apple be Coming Microsoft?

Kevin43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi
I may be Wrong About this so sorry. At least I don't think so has it Been over a year Cents the new/3 iPad Came out? When Steve Jobs Was alive Didn't he Wait a Year and a half To make sure Everything Was working good before he released it? I know Bill Gates is a Brilliant man. But he is all about Rushing His products out to the Stores even if they are not. Working Properly. I hope this guy the is. Head of Apple now is not like Bill Gates so they are Taken Preorders for the iPad 4 now? And it will be out in November of This year? WOW
Thank you. Sorry if this does not make any Sense

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Yup, makes no sense.

I'd do some homework on both. Apple and ms dont release faulty or non-working goods. Period. Both firms are just releasing stuff as they will. What of it? Good for them. So it all costs, so be it. Nobody's forcing us to buy. And will our newly purchased hardware be obsolete within 6 months? Of course it will. Get used to it.

It's us who end up the winners as well as apples bank managers. My ipad 2 is now obsolete. It was months ago. Am i bothered? Certainly not. It's still waaaaaaaaaaay ahead of it's competition. It's still a superb piece of engineering that performs perfectly for my needs. If i'm to stay completely current with no obsolete equipment then i need to be an extremely rich and well off person. Which 99% of us are not.
You cant expect these companies to hold off releasing new hardwares just so you can stay current for a few months longer. That type of thinking/hoping it nuts.

Thats life. Be happy with your lot.

:)

Last edited:

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
new product = stock price = employment opportunities thats why we have to support it by buying so the children can eat i dont mind spend couple hundred dollars each year consider it making the world balance and in return we get an electronic product ;)

OP
Kevin43

Kevin43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
Yup, makes no sense.

I'd do some homework on both. Apple and ms dont release faulty or non-working goods. Period. Both firms are just releasing stuff as they will. What of it? Good for them. So it all costs, so be it. Nobody's forcing us to buy. And will our newly purchased hardware be obsolete within 6 months? Of course it will. Get used to it.

It's us who end up the winners as well as apples bank managers. My ipad 2 is now obsolete. It was months ago. Am i bothered? Certainly not. It's still waaaaaaaaaaay ahead of it's competition. It's still a superb piece of engineering that performs perfectly for my needs. If i'm to stay completely current with no obsolete equipment then i need to be an extremely rich and well off person. Which 99% of us are not.
You cant expect these companies to hold off releasing new hardwares just so you can stay current for a few months longer. That type of thinking/hoping it nuts.

Thats life. Be happy with your lot.

:)

Hi Sjleworthy
I do have the new iPad iPod 3 and iPhone 5 the Only Problem that I have had with all 3 of them. Could not play flash Videos. But I just had to buy Third Potty web Browser from the App Store. I have a Xbox 360 that I Had to send in for Repeaters 5 times Because of the red Light of Death. My Zune player does not work any More. From Windows 95 up to Windows 7 Have had Windows crashing to Drivers not Working right to Some of my programs not work

OP
Kevin43

Kevin43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
Flash not working is by design, not an error.

As for all the other stuff, you my friend are just unlucky. Brand new off the shelf wont give you these issues.

Hi Sjleworthy
My Xbox 360 Zune player Where new I'm just guessing but you have Never had a Desk top or Lap top with windows on it.?

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Of course i have, and never once in 20+ years suffered any issues.

Of course you get faulty goods that accidentally slip through quality control and make it onto the shelves, but very few and far between. Besides, your initial post indicates that it's a design fault and an issue of non testing thats the problem. This certainly isn't the case.

OP
Kevin43

Kevin43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
Of course i have, and never once in 20+ years suffered any issues.

Of course you get faulty goods that accidentally slip through quality control and make it onto the shelves, but very few and far between. Besides, your initial post indicates that it's a design fault and an issue of non testing thats the problem. This certainly isn't the case.

Hi Sjleworthy
You have Never Once in 20 + Years have Suffered any issues with your Desktop or Laptop with Windows? You Must be the Only Person in the World that has not had any Issues With Microsoft products. I am 42 and not Heard or Read People not having Issues/Problems with Microsoft Products . So good for you

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
You're welcome. And yes, in all my windows experience since before 3.1 i've never suffered any issues. Of course i've had minor bits and bobs and headaches, but heck, my toaster and kettle and tv do that too. Nothing is infallible. But no, nothing to stress over or write home about. Nothing that makes me negative about tech in general as you seem to be.

A.K

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well for me as long as my device does what I want it to do its not obsolete for me...so my ipad2 is not obsolete.
Frankly u can't expect apple or anyother company to wait one year for refresh or new products. The way the things are going the product launched 6 months ago will be far behind the competition in the next 6 months.it will go on like this till it hits a plateau like the laptops.
Apple and every other company will be going for faster refresh cycles.

A.K

iPF Novice
Reaction score
And seriously I haven't had any problems with windows in my experience.i use a windows 7 dell laptop ,and before that a windows xp desktop.
The problem arises when u go for cheaper models with underpowered processors and not enough ram.then this problems like freezing happens.as long as u go for a good specd pc or laptop I don't think u will have any troubles...
And about virus :if u have such a huge market share it's bound to happen.install a good antivirus.the reason mac and Linux doesn't have virus is coz no one bothers to make a virus for a os with such minor market share.if they had a market share like windows virus will be there for mac too...

Mad_Maru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with what has been said the way products are brought out is a needed occurrence as if the companies stood still tech advancements would suffer. As long as devices do what we require of them then it's a win for me and I'll stick to my two yearly cycle of upgrading as that suits my pocket rather then running to buy the latest every year of few months.

Most reactions

Latest posts