What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is anyone else addicted to buying Apps?

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I first got my Ipod touch I spent a couple of hundred on games and apps over about 3 months. Then I stopped because I wasn’t really using them. Then I got my iPhone 3Gs and didn’t buy any more apps because it was the same as the ipod. I got the phone to have internet on the go and I figured I wouldn’t need to carry both a phone and ipod. I was wrong. I carried the Ipod anyway for watching movies on the bus without killing the phone battery. Now that I have the Ipad 2 I found myself addicted again. I have spent close to $40 in 1 week and 3 days. It is too convenient to spend at $0.99 at a time. I still have to pick up a good office type app. And I want to get a couple more of the better games like Real Racing HD or Need for Speed HP and Dead space.

That brings me to my next question. Can anyone tell me which office app to buy and why you prefer it over the others if you have tried the others?

05GT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I honestly do my best to use the free apps and only purchase the apps that I really really find I use A LOT!

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Definitely get the Real Racing HD2 and Dead Space HD. I have them both on my ipad1 and love it. Dead Space is a scary game n keep having me yelling n jumping..lmao i had to take a break from playing it only at nights.

I know what you mean about going crazy buying apps. Game loft is drying up my pockets with all those great games they have. IMO, I have all the best games available on iPad. If u want, inbox me and ill give u a list of what games I have installed. Too many to list here. Plus dont want to go off subject in this thread.

funforums5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem... If I put my iPod and iPad apps together, I would have enough to buy another iPad! I decided to take my credit card of the app store, and now I'm just using cards, buying a $15 card every 2 weeks, with some exceptions for big, new games. Some games I've been playing for months, but others I just opened them up when I bought them, and never opened them again. Since I got the iPad 2, I'm trying to go back and try and find a game that really takes advantage of the iPad 2. Also, I move my apps normally to the second page when they have a content update, that way I know where to go instead of going through all my games, trying to find out which one I didn't beat yet.

OP
Ncaissie

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have one more question.
Does anyone know of an App that will let me transfer pics and Video from my iphone to my Ipad without going through a PC or Dropbox. I want something direct with no size limit. The reason is that I want to take pics and videos with my Iphone and edit them with the Ipad.

OP
Ncaissie

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish they would offer free upgrades to Ipad version of games we already purchased. Or at least a small fee maybe the difference between the two versions.
I have many games with Ipad versions and don’t want to re buy them for more than I paid.

TC93

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have only free apps downloaded so far, but don't the pay only apps give free updates?

OP
Ncaissie

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Updates are free. I mean an upgrade from the Iphone version to the higher res Ipad version.

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple really needs to work on that backend. It will become important for the Mac App store as well.

I would not expect a free upgrade to an iPad version especially if the developer put in extra work and improved graphics quality. What I would pay is the difference between the two, or if there is no price difference anywhere from 1 to 5 possibly 10 USD for that upgrade.

Remember what Apple is doing with software is almost a new model. Up until recently software was limited to one licence per computer installation, not once per individual. (Although various game download services have been doing it) Some companies get it, some don't.

Unfortunately Apple is not setup to provide major upgrades. It makes me wonder about iWork 11 or 12. I also don't think there is a way to assigne different versions to an iTunes account based on in-App purchases.

Rgsp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ncaissie said:
I have one more question.
Does anyone know of an App that will let me transfer pics and Video from my iphone to my Ipad without going through a PC or Dropbox. I want something direct with no size limit. The reason is that I want to take pics and videos with my Iphone and edit them with the Ipad.

Check out Photo Transfer App.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I spend way too much on apps! Even though they don't cost much it can add up pretty fast. I love games which makes it way too easy to spend! I really don't spend much on anything else though, so I consider my iPad/apps to be my one indulgence we all deserve. 

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ncaissie said:
?.. And I want to get a couple more of the better games like Real Racing HD or Need for Speed HP and Dead space.

That brings me to my next question. Can anyone tell me which office app to buy and why you prefer it over the others if you have tried the others?

Thanks I just got dead space. So yes. I'm in to app store 93.00+. 9.99 on my eighth day.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts