What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPod touch Rebranded as iPad micro?

ObiJohnKenobi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
So, what if Apple releases a new generation of iPod touch this fall? And what if it has the same 4.7 in. or 5.5 in. screen as the rumored iPhone 6(s)? And what if Apple rebranded it as "iPad micro"? Lame or good? Maybe "iPad nano"?

I've been pondering the future of the iPod and iPad lines in Apple's plans. Should Apple even continue the iPod touch line? If so, should it be rebranded as a "micro" or "nano" (or something else) as a part of the iPad line? I just wonder about the continued relevance of "iPod" going forward. "iPod" to me says "dedicated music player," and it seems like an ancient idea in terms of the current evolutionary rate of mobile tech. Yes, the iPod touch is so much more than that, but then why continue to refer to it as an iPod?

I look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts about the future of the iPod line (or if it even has a future) as well as the future of any less-than-7-inch Apple device (iPad, iPod, or whatever) that isn't an iPhone.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I think there will continue to be a market for the foreseeable future for a small music player, e.g., the iPod Nano. A phone seems a bit heavy for a runner or cyclist to strap to an arm, though I suppose some do.

However, instead of a Nano, perhaps a smart watch will store the music, and beam it to Bluetooth earbuds. Dear Apple, you heard it here first... :)

Most reactions

Latest posts