What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad photos wont load after update

Sandylee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ITunes alerted me to new software so I updated and downloaded to my ipad through iTunes. Before that I had loaded a lot of pictures (via usb) and rearranged albums on my iPhoto in my Mac powerbook pro. After the upgrade to iPad I synced to get the new photos on my iPad so I could enjoy the digital slideshow.

I thought all had gone smoothly, but when I select photos on my iPad it said "Please wait - Updating Library" on a black screen and nothing happens, it spins for a minute then reverts back to the home page.

I tried resyncing I even restored and still no photos ? Help Everything else seems ok.

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Perhaps one/some of the filenames of your photos have special characters and the iPad cannot process them.

See if there are any such characters (such as ! _ * < > etc) and if so, rename the picture and see if it helps.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Sandylee - I agree w/ Blackbelt, i.e. please let us know the type of iPad you own and whether the software upgrade was to the iPad (if so I assume iOS 5.0 to 5.0.1?) and/or to iTunes; also please check in your iTunes program w/ the iPad attached as to how your sync is setup for the iPad, i.e. sync all photos or specific folders - if folders have been unchecked, then those images are not loaded (or are removed) from the iPad.

You might want to also try to 'Restart' and if of no help, then 'Reset' the iPad - directions HERE, if you've not done these maneuvers before; if none of the suggestions here or in the other posts help, please return to this thread - good luck!

Most reactions

Latest posts