What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone Messages won't Sync to iPad

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks. It's sounding more and more like all this was caused by the latest Apple update. I was able to text on both devices before that update. I changed both to my email and it worked! Thank you soooo much!

Good that you got it sorted out. :)

OP
D

Dendad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Regular text messaging with an iPad was never possible. The only form of text messaging available to the iPad is iMessage between iOS devices and compatible Mac computers.
I was able to send and receive text messages on both devices until the update. Whether it was "regular" or iMessage wasn't the point.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In your phone settings go to imessage and set it to receive messages at multiple addresses. It is "send and receive" and I have mine set for two emails and my phone number. You can also set it to create messages for all three addresses in Imessage. I have mine and my husband's phones and Ipads both set for our multiple addresses and we send and receive messages on both devices synced. You won't be able to send text messages from the Ipad and this means for any non Apple device. You can from the Iphone,

OP
D

Dendad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you!

In your phone settings go to imessage and set it to receive messages at multiple addresses. It is "send and receive" and I have mine set for two emails and my phone number. You can also set it to create messages for all three addresses in Imessage. I have mine and my husband's phones and Ipads both set for our multiple addresses and we send and receive messages on both devices synced. You won't be able to send text messages from the Ipad and this means for any non Apple device. You can from the Iphone,

Thank you Diane. I finally figured all that out after reading comments on this and other forums. I made those changes to my iPad and iPhone, but it cause even more problems to crop up. I spent three days trying to get my iPhone and iPad back to the way it was before I made changes. I finally accomplished that and have decided to do without being able to text on my iPad. It's not something that handicaps me that much. Thanks again for taking the time to respond. You are a good example of why I joined this forum.

Wokiebear

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had the same problem between iPd Air, iPhone, and iPod. I could only receive messages on my iPhone after the upgrade. I went back on the iPad/iPod, deleted all previous messages. Went to settings, redid the account on both. Did a hard reset on the two and am receiving AND sending texts on all three. They are sync'ed and get them virtually at the same time when on.

Most reactions

Latest posts