What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone, iPad and app syncing

Nasty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a long time iPhone owner and just got my new iPad. One thing I've noticed that's odd -- when I get an app via the app store on my iPhone, when I sync both devices with iTunes, it puts it on my iPad too, and vice-versa. Is there a way to control which apps are on which device via iTunes?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Absolutely! When you plug your device into your computer and start iTunes, there is a tab at the top labeled... you guess it... APPS! This option brings up all the apps on your computer and you can check or uncheck which ones you want or don't want on which device.

pik0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.TheDailyMapper.com
One extra tip, turn off the automatic sync feature (on the first panel for each device). This will give you a chance to make adjustments before the sync process starts, in case you connect your device when you sit down (like I do).

Piko

Most reactions