What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iphone and ipad weird problems since IOS7 upgrade

babypink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated to IOS7 begrudging doing so that was last week, I though ok not too bad. Two days ago I noticed when trying to send a text to my OH it kept failing and when I tapped resend on my iphone it said send as text (which is what I thought I was doing). This only happens to my OH the other friends and family seem to be ok Last night whilst on my iPad (I don't use face time) a mate of mine was calling and for some odd reason my iPad with FaceTime rang and all I could see was my ugly mug on it which was scary! I tried to answer on my iphone and it was having none of it. This happened three times and eventually I could answer but they sounded odd and it was clear FaceTime somehow was involved. I'm sat reading stuff online on my iPad, and my phone rang and it was my iPad calling my iphone? What the hell is going on

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I updated to IOS7 begrudging doing so that was last week, I though ok not too bad. Two days ago I noticed when trying to send a text to my OH it kept failing and when I tapped resend on my iphone it said send as text (which is what I thought I was doing). This only happens to my OH the other friends and family seem to be ok Last night whilst on my iPad (I don't use face time) a mate of mine was calling and for some odd reason my iPad with FaceTime rang and all I could see was my ugly mug on it which was scary! I tried to answer on my iphone and it was having none of it. This happened three times and eventually I could answer but they sounded odd and it was clear FaceTime somehow was involved. I'm sat reading stuff online on my iPad, and my phone rang and it was my iPad calling my iphone? What the hell is going on
There have been some recent issues with iMessage not working properly. Apple is working on an iOS update that will address this issue which will be released as soon as it is ready. I suggest that you keep an eye on the software update section in settings and download the update when available.

OP
B

babypink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its terrible

My friend took a photo capture and it shows me calling him via face time. On my iPad calls made I never made one. But at the time my so called call to him, I received a call from my friend on my mobile and my face time on my iPad kicked in

Rkdouglas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There have been some recent issues with iMessage not working properly. Apple is working on an iOS update that will address this issue which will be released as soon as it is ready. I suggest that you keep an eye on the software update section in settings and download the update when available.
Happy to hear an update is in the works. Having problem with sending iMessage for a month. Suggested solutions worked temporarily. Patiently waiting :)

Most reactions