What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, Apple Watch & Apple Pay Announced Today

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
apple-watch-showoff.png
iphone6-showoff.png

Unless you have been living under a rock, you probably knew the big Apple announcement event was today. Even though no iPad was revealed today, the iconic iPhone is still part of many of our lives too. We know that many of you are interested to find out how the event went and what was revealed.

We covered everything over at our sister-site @iPhoneforums.net.

Here are links directly to the three main release stories today:
iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
Apple Pay Mobile Payment System
Apple Watch

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You'll also see U2's newest album "Songs of Innocence" showing up in your Purchased list. Apple is giving the album away, free, to all current iTunes members.

And yes, U2 got paid. Apple all costs.

It goes well with the free Music Festival being put on by Apple in London.

But, I still expect some people to howl in outrage to find out Apple assumed they wanted U2 in their Purchased list, even though it is free, and even though they never have to actuality download the songs.

After all, a friend may see them there and assume you are some kind of out of touch middle age soul. But come on people, it's U2!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You'll also see U2's newest album "Songs of Innocence" showing up in your Purchased list. Apple is giving the album away, free, to all current iTunes members.

And yes, U2 got paid. Apple all costs.

It goes well with the free Music Festival being put on by Apple in London.

But, I still expect some people to howl in outrage to find out Apple assumed they wanted U2 in their Purchased list, even though it is free, and even though they never have to actuality download the songs.

After all, a friend may see them there and assume you are some kind of out of touch middle age soul. But come on people, it's U2!
Thanks for the heads up on the U2 album.

Edit: it's not showing up in my purchased list. Maybe it's for US members only.
I've got it now, it just took a while for it to show up.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on the U2 album.

Edit: it's not showing up in my purchased list. Maybe it's for US members only.
I've got it now, it just took a while for it to show up.

I was a little antsy too, at first. Then I remembered that they were pushing it to half a billion accounts. Even then, I kept checking, and checking, and checking, until i showed up about 10 minutes later.

Already listened to the entire album, twice. I would have bought this one. Thanks Apple, and a big thumbs up to U2 for a great album.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think I would be happy if I got the iPhone 6 Plus, I wouldn't care much for the iPad. Maybe 1 year if waiting will insure everything and the apps will go fine.

Most reactions

Latest posts