What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iphone 5 on T mobile

Ovedi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone think the iPhone 5 will be on back order with Tmobile? I bet my brother $100 it wouldnt and that he should wait till June just to be safe the new iPhone 5s wont come. He says he wants to preorder the iphone 5 for the 12th so he can make sure he gets one, but i just dont see why they would sell out after so long in production already.

Any thoughts?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can't see T-mobile announcing that they are finally getting the iPhone 5 and then not having any. I think they will have sufficient to cover demand.

OP
O

Ovedi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Right!? Exactly!! Ahhhh money money money coming my way. My new Retina iPad 5 will be 100 bucks cheaper. :-D

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd pre-order if I definitely wanted one, because then you don't need to hunt around or worry if you'll find your preferred model at a store.

T Mobile is offering a diff biz model in some ways, because they're offering unlimited data and no phone subsidy. Who knows whether they're stocking up conservatively and might mis-estimate demand? I think I remember reading that another carrier got left holding the bag on a lot of unsold iPhones because they mis-estimated demand and obligated themselves to Apple to selling way more than they actually ended up selling, which was going to cost them. Maybe T Mobile will play it safer, esp because of their diff biz model.

Besides, T Mobile seems to be goofing up its pre-orders, so maybe they don't actually know what the heck they're doing:

Four Days Until The T-Mobile iPhone Goes On Sale?How Are Those Pre-orders Going? ? Consumerist

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd pre-order if I definitely wanted one, because then you don't need to hunt around or worry if you'll find your preferred model at a store.

T Mobile is offering a diff biz model in some ways, because they're offering unlimited data and no phone subsidy. Who knows whether they're stocking up conservatively and might mis-estimate demand? I think I remember reading that another carrier got left holding the bag on a lot of unsold iPhones because they mis-estimated demand and obligated themselves to Apple to selling way more than they actually ended up selling, which was going to cost them. Maybe T Mobile will play it safer, esp because of their diff biz model.

Besides, T Mobile seems to be goofing up its pre-orders, so maybe they don't actually know what the heck they're doing:

Four Days Until The T-Mobile iPhone Goes On Sale?How Are Those Pre-orders Going? ? Consumerist

Here's the article I was referring to, another carrier that failed to sell enough iPhones without a big subsidy (as T Mobile is trying to do):

Cricket Can't Move iPhones Without Meaty Subsidy, Bad For Apple - Forbes

Most reactions

Latest posts