What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipf app choppy scrolling

Fluidz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While scrolling through the forums it's not very smooth, in fact its quite choppy on my IPad 3. Same for everybody else?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mines fine too but when an app behaves strangely it is best to close it completely and then relaunch it. From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen. It's also a good idea to close all these apps, as it helps the iPad run smoothly. Let us know how you go.

DanBarraclough04

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fluidz said:
While scrolling through the forums it's not very smooth, in fact its quite choppy on my IPad 3. Same for everybody else?

Same here! Also I think the graphics need updating for the retina display :)
But yeah it is choppy on my iPad 3 as well

OP
F

Fluidz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
Mines fine too but when an app behaves strangely it is best to close it completely and then relaunch it. From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen. It's also a good idea to close all these apps, as it helps the iPad run smoothly. Let us know how you go.

Tried that, unfortunately didn't make any difference. The choppiness seems to be worst while viewing the different topics than in the threads themselves.

Just tried loading ipf in safari and it's as smooth as silk. It's definitely bad optimising in the app itself.

Last edited:

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I mentioned this the other day, it actually makes me feel sick! Lol it's a slight lag as you scroll down the page, really weird

lukinmyeyes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
problem only in facebook app not on safari

Hi, I am also facing same problem of choppy scrolling but only in facebook app. When I login on facebook through safari browser i dont face this lagging problem. It seems facebook app needs some improvement for new ipad.

Most reactions

Latest posts