What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad3 not uninstalling apps (not preinstalls) no restriction setting

newartriot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last week I attempted to uninstall an app on my iPad 3 (latest update installed). Instead of deleting the app, the icons continued to shake, and the bottom row of apps flash. I can then no longer use my iPad until I restart it manually. After this it lets me uninstall one app before doing the same when trying to uninstall a second app.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 8.1.2

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
To get rid of this weird behaviour, try resetting it:
Press and hold Home and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. Then let go of both, the iPad will power up on it's own.
This won't remove any or data or settings.

If this doesn't fix your problem, maybe restoring it using iTunes will help: make sure iTunes (computer) is up to date. Backup your device, then restore it.

There are two other ways to remove apps from your device:
Go to Settings - General - Usage - Storage - Manage Storage, go to the app you intend to delete, tap it and select "Delete App" there.

Another method would be to do this in iTunes, and then sync the iPad to it.

Hope that helps.

tharley46

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, for me I was having the same trouble. I did 2 restores on my iPad, it didn't fix it. So now, I have to do the second option you said. That sux but at least I can delete the app that I don't want anymore. This mess started bout 2 weeks ago and hasn't let up. Don't know if it's Apples new software or what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tharley46

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After the restores, I restored as new each time and added the things I had on before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phodgson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have bold text selected that is your problem.
It took me two days trying to correct the problem until I found this suggestion on an Apple help page. Apparently only happens to iPad 3 and the latest iOS 8.1.3

Most reactions

Latest posts