What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2 with remote app

kjoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm really new to this but I desperately need some help.I'm trying to set up my ipad2with the remote app and have got it working but am not getting any music playing from the iPad itself? Am I being really dense or is this how it is supposed to be? I have a party tomorrow and was going to use this facility to dj from the iPad but if I can't hear what's playing it is no good.Thank you in anticipation

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
You want to use homesharing instead of the remote app. Switch homesharing on in your iTunes library and also on the iPad, you then should be able to access your full library (provided your on the same network) for playback on your iPad.

OP
K

kjoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for that but not sure where home sharing is on iPad .

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You should have two options for home sharing on your iPad - via the Remote app or through the Music App (the stock icon with the musical notes on it).

In the Remote app, in the upper left corner, should be an icon that looks like two boxes overlaying each other. If you press that icon, you should be taken to a screen that will show you your Apple TV icon and another icon for your iTunes library (mine has the big, round, blue musical note icon - the standard iTunes symbol). If you press that icon, you should then be connected to your home library.

This is, of course, assuming that (1) you've set up iTunes to home share and (2) iTunes is running.

In the Music app, if you press the "More" button at the bottom right of the main screen, you should get a pop-up window. One of the selections should be your home iTunes library. The two caveats about iTunes from the above paragraph also apply here.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

ejbpesca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't get the mirror button to show. I've updated, got the right stuff...still no mirror icon. Making me crazy.

Most reactions