What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad2 pages won't email

barryevans

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem I've seen in other threads, but the answers given don't help. email works fine on my ipad2, Pages works fine, except when i try to email a pages doc out (in word format), it doesn't send (no indication on the ipad, just that it doesn't arrive)

small file, everything else working fine, it just disappears into the ether!

thanks, barry

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Have you got a second email address, or a friend you can try sending the document to? Something on a completely different server. The reason I'm asking is I'm wondering if the email is getting caught in a spam or virus filter. Especially the second.

Also, try a restart. You never know what that will fix.

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
barryevans

barryevans

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks twerpoet--yep, tried all that. email's working fine except out of Pages. Have restarted and reset. Even tried dumping Pages (by unchecking in itunes and syncing, after saving documents), then reloading after checking. Still, as i say, everything works except emailing out of Pages, which is kinda essential for me (I'm a writer).

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem I've seen in other threads, but the answers given don't help. email works fine on my ipad2, Pages works fine, except when i try to email a pages doc out (in word format), it doesn't send (no indication on the ipad, just that it doesn't arrive)

small file, everything else working fine, it just disappears into the ether!

thanks, barry

Two questions - after you've tried to send it from Pages, if you go to the iPad's Mail app

(a) is the mail with the Pages attachment in the Outbox?
(b) is the mail with the Pages attachment in the Sent Mail box?

Tim

OP
barryevans

barryevans

iPF Noob
Reaction score
fixed it! after talking to nice apple rep--

i've been using yahoo app, no problem for email. but i HADN"T given the ipad native "mail" app my yahoo password (which you do via settings/mail/yahoo)--as soon as i did, up popped all the emailed Pages docs

ok, duh--hope this helps someone else, and thanks for responses

barry

Most reactions

Latest posts