What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2 not working 100% as I want.. Need some advise

Jeronimo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I got some questions I still strugling with. I can't use my iPad2 a 100% like I want it.

These things I got some problems with:

I would like to use my iPad to show customers information. But when i share my documents with Dropbox or something, i cant open it because i have no internet connection. i got the iPad2 wifi.

I want to download or put it over to my iPad so i can use all kinds of documents offline... Can some one advise me?

I have these apps:
Pages
Keynote
Numbers
Dropbox
Evernote

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you make something a favorite in Dropbox its stored locally

That should help

You might also consider Goodreader, which interfaces with Dropbox and can read many different document types and organize then in folders for you.

-t

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a program that most all iPad users have called GoodReader. It's the 'Swiss Army Knife' for the iPad and it can store files all together and in folders - or however you want them - and can transfer files to and from your PC using either WiFi or USB without the need for iTunes. It's built in web-browser can download files too, something that Safari doesn't offer - except for PDF format. From within GoodReader you can open those files in any app that supports that type of file. Having said that, though, when a compatible app does open that file it makes a local copy that it works on, so the original copy in GoodReader is left untouched. If you want to store the modified file in GoodReader you have to transfer it back there by some means.

GoodReader can also attach several files to an email and then send them using the iPad's native Mail app - something you can't do from within Mail itself. It also gives you the opportunity to annotate PDF files and save the resulting file so that it can be read on a PC or Mac.

Tim

Beerman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm still learning Goodreader but I do agree, it's what you want. I was able yesterday to quickly drop a 50MB file drop box and with Goodreader/Dropbox, I was very quickly able to get my file. When I figure out all the stuff it can do, I'll be totally blown away. Looks to be the most used/useful/extremely cheap app I could get.

debsylvania

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On reading the posts in this thread, I downloaded my own copy of Goodreader to my iPad2.

If you go to www.goodreader.net, you will find everything you need to know regarding how to use Goodreader.

Clicking on the "How tos" button on the upper left of the initial screen at that site will bring up a LONG bullet list of all of the things you can do with this app.

It's pretty cool to just look through the list because, guaranteed, you'll find more than one function that is personally useful to you.

Thanks for pointing this app out. I'm doing stuff I didn't even know I wanted to do!

Most reactions

Latest posts