What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2 camera after IOS 5

rdale1942

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded IOS 5 to my Ipad2 with no problem and most things seem to work as they should, except for the camera. First, I believe the home key is supposed to be a shortcut to turning on the camera. This does not work for me. I even tried the power on/off switch, but it did not go to camera either.

More distressingly, the pictures that I take now with the Ipad2 are not nearly as clear and sharp as they were before I downloaded IOS 5. The difference in clarity is rather severe.

Has anyone else had these problems? Can you suggest any solutions?

Thanks.

Expidia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded IOS 5 to my Ipad2 with no problem and most things seem to work as they should, except for the camera. First, I believe the home key is supposed to be a shortcut to turning on the camera. This does not work for me. I even tried the power on/off switch, but it did not go to camera either.

More distressingly, the pictures that I take now with the Ipad2 are not nearly as clear and sharp as they were before I downloaded IOS 5. The difference in clarity is rather severe.

Has anyone else had these problems? Can you suggest any solutions?

Thanks.

I just responded to another poster with a similar clarity issue. I have not seen it myself after the update. Check to see if there is a finger print on the lens first. Then power it off (reboot the device). Other than that I would check in with an Apple store as they might have been seeing this after the upgrade.

On the home key? I was not aware the home key can control the camera. My Droid phone can have a side key open the camera. On the iPad pressing the home key twice brings it back to my home page which then shows the camera icon. Pressing that Icon (picture of the camera) opens the camera. If this is what you mean by pressing the home key than maybe the update moved your camera icon to another page. Hold the camera picture till it shakes and drag it back to your first page (which is really page two because page one is the search page). See the dots near bottom of the page. These tell you what page you are on.
Hope this is the answer to what you are describing.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The double tap of the home for the camera shortcut is an iPhone exclusive.

OP
R

rdale1942

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll try cleaning the lens. The other post was mine also. My bad. I thought I was posting in two communities. Appreciate your response.

Most reactions