What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lock Screen Camera Button iPad iOS 5

Red5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iOS5 guide to the iPad says nothing about the home button to access the camera on the lock screen, only about accessing the music controls. This may be an iPhone only feature.

So does anyone have camera controls on their Ipad at the lock screen or is it as Nick Burns suggests? Still could get notifications working at the lock screen no matter what I do.

stevnim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Notification Center appears with a downward, one-finger swipe in the top black frame around the screen. I still have not found the camera buttons on the lock screen, yet.

-stevnim

Peter_Izn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bristolian12 said:
Installed iOS 5 all seemed to go well. One problem I cannot access camera button on lock screen the music buttons come up but the slide show button remains no camera button. Does anyone else have this issue. ??

No sure, but think it is an iPhone on feature. Pics of the iOS 5 website, show an iPhone.

laserguy007

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Peter_Izn said:
No sure, but think it is an iPhone on feature. Pics of the iOS 5 website, show an iPhone.

Makes sense! Most people dont carry or even use their iPad as a camera, mainly their iPhone.

Sent from my iPad 2 White 64GB + 3G Verizon using iPF

JTMustang3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think you are right....iPad only allows music....was really strange updating last night, when started extracting file to iPad said update failed, returning iPad to default factory settings, that took about an hour, then had to hit restore, then after all was back up, said OS 5 as the version and all the things it said were new features were working, so was very freaky at one point, thanks, not going to worry about camera any more.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

bramptonjim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
stevnim said:
The Notification Center appears with a downward, one-finger swipe in the top black frame around the screen. I still have not found the camera buttons on the lock screen, yet.

-stevnim

I can get that to work, but not all my notifications are showing. Also, swiping in the lock screen mode does not display the notification centre. Should I restore and re-download iOS 5?

OP
B

bristolian12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded the ebook manual for iPad and iPod touch for iOS 5 . The lock screen camera is for iphone and ipod touch only. I guess Apple feels that not too many people would want to use this feature as the ipad is too large for anyone to want to take spur of the moment photos

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blackbelt said:
Have you double push the home button in your lock screen? The camera is there.

No it isn't, not for me. Maybe it's an iPhone only thing. Which s fine for me, I only use the camera for Skype and FaceTime.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

stevnim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bramptonjim said:
I can get that to work, but not all my notifications are showing. Also, swiping in the lock screen mode does not display the notification centre. Should I restore and re-download iOS 5?

Swiping in the locked screen does not display the N/C. Any notifications will be displayed, however. Reinstalling iOS is not necessary.

-stevnim

vitamin

iPF Noob
Reaction score

-stevnim
Thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts