What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2 Calendar

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
'Settings', 'General', 'International', 'Region Format', -> United States. That will make Sunday the first day of the week but dates will come out US style too - i.e. 4-25-2011 for today.

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To get the week to start on Sunday, but not get US date formats, set region to New Zealand.

Thanks!! I learn something new every day on this Forum. I always Sunday to be the first day of the week and have been 'living with' the US date format. Now I can have my cake and eat it!!

Tim

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry. I can't help. But I do find this hilarious. The lengths Apple will go to to avoid putting in two settings; one for date format and one for week format. Instead, there is a country setting with more than a hundred choices. Anybody try Macedonia? How does Malta differ from Maltese (Malta)? And where is Oromo? ....Oh, I see. Oromo includes Ethiopia and Kenya. Guess I'd know that if I lived there.

MrMacAdams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
users.on.net
Sorry. I can't help. But I do find this hilarious. The lengths Apple will go to to avoid putting in two settings; one for date format and one for week format. Instead, there is a country setting with more than a hundred choices. Anybody try Macedonia? How does Malta differ from Maltese (Malta)? And where is Oromo? ....Oh, I see. Oromo includes Ethiopia and Kenya. Guess I'd know that if I lived there.

Surprises me too. I think it's an issue that is iPad/Phone-specific. Mac systems seem to be infinitely modifiable in terms of language, region and formats, hence the surprise. As I said in the earlier post, too, it may have been resolved with an update to the iOS since this discussion started.

elau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I notice entries I made in the calendar couple months ago are deleted automatically. Is there a way I can tell the system to keep my entries permanently? I like to use my calendar as a journal.

Jim99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hijacking thread I know. When selecting calendar, with intention of adding appointments, there is no way to add details as the + symbol does not appear on bottom RH of screen. Any ideas folks ?

I got answer in the NMI forum. Switch on iCloud :)

Last edited:

Most reactions