What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2 and keeping up with the joneses

Lasbagman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I heard today from a friend, who has a ipad2 and now refers to it as "junk" because it's no longer the flagship product. I personally love my ipad2 it works great and does what I need it to. Many of us don't want to keep with the absolute latest , when it's time to replace it I will, but forget getting a new one every year. By the way my friend just bought his in November 2011. Technology is always changing, the ipad2 is still a beautiful sleek machine.

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't plan on getting the new ipad either because like you my ipad 2 works great for me.

HappyPelican

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Amen! Neither the iPad1 or 2 are junk! Last year when the iPad2 was released, I went right out and picked up an iPad1. Guess what I'm doing tomorrow? Yup! Heading out first thing to pick up and ipad2. I guess you can see the pattern;) iPad is such a beautiful piece of technology and I know there are people who want the newest and latest but to call it junk is just foolish.

Either way, I love my original iPad and cqn't wait to finally pick up the second generation:)

kitkat3709

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am staying with my IPad2 as well. I just can't justify the cost when this device is perfect for me. I am going to invest in a new case though. :).

Sent from my iPad2 32 3G Black :)

doc.zed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im gonna wait to see when ghe jail break is before i see about buying.

AmazingGraceTx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Benji and I are discussing this very issue right now. He has a 1, and when my 2 came in this week, it really turned his head. Now that the latest and greatest was released yesterday, the boy is literally tormented. I told him that he should go with a 2 for a reduced price. I honestly can say that I couldn't be happier with my iPad, if was the newest. I hope he sees this thread and listens to me! ;)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If having the latest makes someone happy, and they're not spending my money, good on them.

I don't have any Joneses to keep up with, luckily, lol.

thewaffle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I had the keep up with the Jones mentality I'd be buying a new laptop every year and a new car every 2 years. Screw the Jones' I'm happy where I am. The IPAD 2 will still be relevant as long as developers continue to write apps for it and updates come. Once that stops then it's time to think about upgrading.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I had the keep up with the Jones mentality I'd be buying a new laptop every year and a new car every 2 years. Screw the Jones' I'm happy where I am. The IPAD 2 will still be relevant as long as developers continue to write apps for it and updates come. Once that stops then it's time to think about upgrading.

The only people I'd be interested in "keeping up" with have way more assets than me, and spending isn't going to help. I'd have to print money faster, lol.

OP
L

Lasbagman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Exactly, the iPad2 as as it gets it's updates and Apps will be as relevant as day one. Once the technology is not supported then of course it's time to upgrade. Imagine the iPads in 2 to 3 years !

Most reactions