What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad won't turn off

dsgee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I switch off as normal, the screen goes off but the iPad reboots after about 10 seconds. It will switch off only when I plug in to recharge it. However, as soon as I remove power it boots up. I have tried everything to fix - a complete reset- a cold reboot- running the battery right down. Nothing works. Any ideas?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If I switch off as normal, the screen goes off but the iPad reboots after about 10 seconds. It will switch off only when I plug in to recharge it. However, as soon as I remove power it boots up. I have tried everything to fix - a complete reset- a cold reboot- running the battery right down. Nothing works. Any ideas?
Welcome to iPad Forums!

It sounds like you may have a problem with your power button. Have you considered taking it to an Apple Store for a Genius Bar appointment. They can run a full diagnostic on your iPad to determine if the problem is software or hardware related.

OP
D

dsgee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums! It sounds like you may have a problem with your power button. Have you considered taking it to an Apple Store for a Genius Bar appointment. They can run a full diagnostic on your iPad to determine if the problem is software or hardware related.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Most reactions