What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad wont startup after aborting jailbreak session

Geoff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had a problem with my Iphone 3G 4.0 jailbreaking.
Tried to retrieve some info on jailbreakme.com on my ipad to get more info, accidentally slid the "jailbreak me" slide, within seconds I aborted the proces on my ipad (which is not jailbreaked) and switched of the device. tried to start it up again but all i see is the apple logo, nothing works, switching on or off has no effect, it stays on showing the logo. I also connected it to the computer for Itunes but no reaction at all.. anyone? wait till the battery dies?

cmalinowski

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had a problem with my Iphone 3G 4.0 jailbreaking.
Tried to retrieve some info on jailbreakme.com on my ipad to get more info, accidentally slid the "jailbreak me" slide, within seconds I aborted the proces on my ipad (which is not jailbreaked) and switched of the device. tried to start it up again but all i see is the apple logo, nothing works, switching on or off has no effect, it stays on showing the logo. I also connected it to the computer for Itunes but no reaction at all.. anyone? wait till the battery dies?

Don't worry too much. You should be able to put it in recovery or DFU mode and restore. You'll now be relegated to 3.2.2 firmware unless you saved your 3.2. or 3.2.1 SHSH blob with tinyUmbrella.

In the future, I'd avoid aborting something that is messing with the operating system :)

Chris

Most reactions

Latest posts