What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad won't print email attachments

rayroshi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need help with a problem concerning my son's iPad: if I send him a text file, using Open Office, his iPad will see his wireless printer, which is an HP Envy 4500 model, but when it "prints," it's actually not printing, and the page is completely blank. It doesn't matter if I send the text file in Word format, RTF, or just Open Office.docu format, we get the same blank results. Any ideas?

I am sending him the attachments to his Yahoo! email account via my Acer laptop, which runs Windows 7, and my email is sent via Outlook; don't know if any of that information has any bearing on the matter, but I thought it might help.

Please make any instructions really clear and in a step-by-step format, as I'm not an Apple person and barely know how to turn his iPad on; he is not much better, being almost computer illiterate.

While researching this problem, I saw, somewhere, that he might need a third-party app. that will deal with text documents, so I downloaded "Document To Go" on his iPad, but the problem still persists; however, with that being said, I probably just don't know how to use it properly.

Any help would be much appreciated!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The printer should be able to print text documents without using another app. When you view the email, open the attachment:
image.jpg

When the text is visible, tap the Share button and select print:
image.jpg

Ibill

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ray I was having the same problem with my Cannon. I had a refilled black ink cartridge that made the light flash on the printer but it printed OK. With the iPad it would print out blank pages or none at all. Put in a NEW cartridge and it started working again. The refilled worked for a while on the iPad but it must of thrown a fault out after some use.

Most reactions

Latest posts