What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad want sync

mrfrd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went to sync with iTunes and tried to update to os5. It said I had to upgrade to iTunes 10.5. I tried but it said I was missing an .msi file. I un-installed iTunes and re- installed. Now all my playlist and apps are not listed in iTunes and it does not sync with my iPad. It says that this iPad cannot be used because the required software is not installed. It says to run the installer to uninstall and then reinstall. I did and still same story. I have been at this for 3 days. I am ready to try dynamite.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does iTunes give any more details? Does it say what required software is not installed?

Tim

OP
M

mrfrd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, it says,"this iPad cannot be used because required software is not installed." Then it says to uninstall iTunes and then re-install. I have done that about 4 times and still no go. Does the iPad have to be os5? I do not have that. It is a catch 22. To update to os5, it told me I needed iTunes 10.5. Now they are not talking to each other.

Most reactions

Latest posts