What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad video controls

Cheviot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been having a bit of trouble playing videos, specifically bringing up the on-screen controls for video playback.

When I double tap the screen it always works (switching from full screen to widescreen) but a single tap rarely brings up the play=pause onscreen display.

Anyone have any tips?

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is this trouble with the ABC player app? I often can't make it switch view or call up the controls. Have zero trouble with iTunes video rental. Don't use Netflix, so can't comment.

OP
C

Cheviot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder if I'm doing something wrong. Perhaps there are specific areas of the display where you have to tap?

Davehudsn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem - it acts the same on both my iPhone and my iPad. Is extremely annoying. I usually tap on the upper portion of the screen to get the controls to come up, but it's iffy. Sometimes it can take a good 3 or 4 minutes of pressing around on the screen for the controls to come up. There has to be a better way to do this. Is there a manual somewhere? I am as frustrated as you.....

geocon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got the same problem... I've tried tapping every place on the screen... it will take minutes before I can bring up the controls... embarrassing when showing how the iPad video works!

Most reactions