What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad use while charging

How often do you use your iPad while it's plugged into a wall outlet?

• Never (0% of the time)

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • 0-20% of the time

Votes: 22 38.6%
  • 21-40% of the time

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • 41-60% of the time

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • 61-80% of the time

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • 81-99% of the time

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Always (100% of the time)

Votes: 2 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RobotRock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not really a question you can ask a in a poll. Most people will probably have it plugged in if they're sat at their desk or if it's low on power but can't give an exact percentage

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Except in rare cases, the battery lasts me all day. I plug it in before bed, and occasionally read a bit, thus my vote. But really, I leave my charger at home when at work and play.

nursedude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For the most part mine gets plugged in only at night...since I can.t sleep with it under my pillow I figure I might as well charge it.

OP
D

dragon472

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok - good comments thanks. Sadly, I don't have one yet, I'm just looking for more information :(

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I'm at my desk I always plug it in and use it constantly as a second machine/monitor.

Yes folks it truly can multitask, charge and display apps at the same time Oh My God! Woah! A double monitor! Oh My..........

JoebinXXX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My answer is most of the time...

But im just wondering..What is the point of this question if you dont even own one yet?? I dont see how asking if you use your ipad while charging can influence you dession in buying?

Not being rude I swear, juist courious :eek:

Robin Hood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad needs 10w to "fully" charge - that's more than most USB ports provide.

If you have a new-ish computer (like in the last couple years) you iPad should charge - just slowly - when it's asleep. If the screen is on, however, it's not charging.

wingnut1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very rarely. I like to sit back in my couch with the iPad and the supplied charging cable is too short to reach from the wall socket.

Most reactions

Latest posts