What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad update - safari

bridget24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
need some help - my dad has an ipad2 (I think); he just updated it o 7.01. he learned how to use the internet on this and loves it. anyway, now when he clicks on safari the search screen is gone and it brings him to yahoo/google/bing logos to connect. he said it used to be a grey screen to enter info to search. I have very little knowledge re ipads - if anyone could help me = I would appreciate it!

Thanks.
B

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Bridget and welcome to the Forum!

Safari changed with the update to IOS7......whereas there were 2 places at the top of the screen before (1 for website addresses and 1 for a Google search) this has now changed and both boxes have now been combined. He can input his search into the one area now.

To open a new tab, press the + top right and a new screen will load......if he has any bookmark favourites saved, these will show on the screen as a shortcut. He just needs to type in the top field where he sees - Search Web or Enter Site Name to do a Google search. It's just all a little different now but all the features are still there.....I guess you could say it's been streamlined. With time he will get used to it if he just plays around to discover where everything is now. Let us know if you need more help.

image-368402898.jpg

Most reactions