What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad trouble or bad charger.

azonie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tried to charge iPad with charger on AC nothing happened. When tried via USB get this error.

uqutyve8.jpg

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The screenshot you show seems to be connected with a problem with your Windows computer. Unplug it, if it's a notebook: remove the battery; unplug all USB devices, let it sit for a few minutes. Then put in the battery again, plug it in, start it and plug in your iPad once more.

Hope that helps.

OP
A

azonie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Don't think it's an issue with computer. As the iPad would not charge while plugged into AC either.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Then look at this:
Make sure the connector on your iPad is free from debris.
Try to use a different cable - if possible - to charge your iPad.

Also reset your iPad: press and hold Power and Home button until the Apple logo appears, then release both and let the iPad power up.

Last edited:
OP
A

azonie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Turns out the charger cable was bad. What goes wrong with these. The connection end seems fine.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Turns out the charger cable was bad. What goes wrong with these. The connection end seems fine.

No idea. I've had cables (mostly 3rd party) that looked to be in perfect condition, but simply refused to work. Now I stick to Apple cables, but I'm still not convinced that they are as well made as they might be.

Most reactions