What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad together with iPad mini

Patriks7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked somewhere, I couldn't find a topic on this anywhere.

Currently I have an iPad 2. I really love using it for almost everything. I recently got the Zagg Profolio, which basically allows me to retire my MBP for most basic things (emails, note taking, even essays are very doable now). However, recently I have been thinking about an iPad mini. Not to replace my normal iPad, but to add to it. There have been times where I wish my current iPad would be more just a bit more portable. And of course, who just doesn't want a new gadget to play with? :D

So my question, is anyone here using a regular iPad with a mini? If so, does it work? Or does it feel redundant to have both?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use both of mine. My iPad 3 goes to work with me...my mini does most other things. I also have a Nexus 10 and 7. The Nexus 7 is the one getting the least use. I use 3 of these everyday. And I use my main PC, my work PC, and one of my laptops (work) most days. My MBA & Sony Laptop get the least use. My another PC which is my media server and I'm fooling with it all the time too.

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ive done exactly what you've asked about. I have an iPad 2 and bought a mini to compliment it. At first i thought the mini might not have really been necessary. As time went on ( few days to a week or so) the mini became more used than the iPad 2. At this point both are valuable to me. They both have their specific uses- iPad 2 on the stand for heavy work and mini later at night when i just need a light device thats portable.

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just " wanted" a mini....could not justify getting one, but have no regrets at all. I still use my ipad 2 for watching TV and when my mini is charging. The mini I use for everything! Totally love all my devices. The only one that has become redundant is my iPod touch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just " wanted" a mini....could not justify getting one, but have no regrets at all. I still use my ipad 2 for watching TV and when my mini is charging. The mini I use for everything! Totally love all my devices. The only one that has become redundant is my iPod touch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I've given up justifying my need for Apple toys. I get very confused over the difference between "need" and "want". I may stop buying stuff if I ever discover that difference. In the meantime...

SunCity

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a 3rd generation ipad with wifi and 4g. Now I always take it on trips. A few months before youngest son had a stroke. We packed faster than I thought was possible and jumped into the car. On the way over we ran into the worst traffic jam ever. It took 45 minutes to get to the next exit so we could turn around and head south. We had no way to check maps for alternate routes and had to stick to the freeways. I will never be in that position again, thanks to the ipad. I use the ipad for online shopping because I don't trust my computers. I really want a mini too. But I have to wait for the next version. I would be reading a lot of books and the current one just isn't sharp enough. I sure hope it is out by Christmas.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've given up justifying my need for Apple toys. I get very confused over the difference between "need" and "want". I may stop buying stuff if I ever discover that difference. In the meantime...

I don't use a defining line between want and need, either. My approach is, can I afford it, and will a product offer me enough enjoyment or use that it's worth that amount.

OP
P

Patriks7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all the opinions. Decided I'll get one, but once they're available refurbished in my country. Currently rather save up for the upcoming iPad 5 :)

Most reactions

Latest posts